Re: blue flash and criticality

"Franta, Jaroslav" wrote:

> Another colleague mentioned that  it is also common for astronauts to see
> blue Cherenkov "glow" flashes
> from high energy particles hitting their eyes as well - can anyone confirm
> this ?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Jaro
> frantaj@aecl.ca

Hi All,

Yes, the astronauts do see flashes and so did I.  Astronauts did report flashes
and were taken to the Bevatron at LBL in Berkeley. There they did see the
flashes again.  During a visit at LBL, I was taken to that 'room' at the right
kind of beam time and saw them too.  Nobody among the astronauts talks about
that any more, I guess because it is old hat by now

Regards,

Fritz.
--

 " The American Republic will endure until the day Congress
 discovers that it can bribe the Public with the Public's money."

Fritz A. Seiler, Ph.D.
Sigma Five Consulting
P.O. Box 1709
Los Lunas, NM 87031, USA