Rad Engineering Survey

RAD ENGINEERING SURVEY

In November and December I am doing a survey of rad engineering as part of
a talk I am to give at the February 2001 Health Physics Society midyear
meeting. This survey is mainly directed at people working at Department of
Energy sites, but I would like to have some responses from nuclear power
plant and other types of facilities as well, for perspective.

If you are a rad engineer, ALARA engineer, ALARA coordinator, or someone
who supervises people with these or similar job titles, please consider
participating in this survey so it will be as representative as possible.
Please also respond if you think you are doing rad engineering work but
don't have any of the above titles.

If you would like to help out, please call or send a letter or E-mail
message to me. (The extra four digits on the ZIP code are my mail stop, so
please don't omit them if you write.)

		Janet L. Westbrook (CHP, PE)                 westbrookjl@ornl.gov
		Radiological Engineer			         865-576-1344
		Operational Safety Services Division
		Oak Ridge National Laboratory
		Oak Ridge, Tennessee  37831-6160

I'll send you a copy of the survey by fax or E-mail (your choice) to fill
out and return. After you return your survey, I will call you (with your
permission) if I have further questions or need clarification.

People who participate will be sent a summary of the results by mail or
E-mail, as a courtesy.