Re: Nuclear power unsustainable, EU Commissioner says

I find it interesting that Margot W (Sweden) can express her personal
opinions in a EU context (see below). Margot W should know that we have a
well designed nuclear waste handling program that takes care of most
scenarios - except for events like meteorite impacts etc (which probably
wouldn't be primarily a radiological hazard). And "developing states..."
aren't Russia and Mongolia such examples?

My personal reflections only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com
-----
HELSINKI, Nov 17 (Reuters) - Increasing nuclear power is not a viable
solution to reducing world-wide greenhouse gas emissions, European
Union Commissioner for environmental affairs Margot Wallstrom said on
Friday.

"My personal view is that... we have to look at sustainable
solutions, and if we create a huge waste problem, that is not
sustainable," she told a video conference from Brussels.

She added that nuclear power was very expensive and while individual
European countries could opt for it, developing states would be
unable to afford such plants.