Re: Declared pregnancy question

What I can tell you, taking into account the IAEA Basic Safety Standards,
Safety Series 115 is:

Pregnant workers: (page 36)

1.16 - A female worker should, on becoming aware that she is pregnant,
notify the employer in order that har conditions may be modified if
necessary;

1.17 - The notification of pregnancy shall not be considered a reason to
exclude a female worker from work; however the employer of a female worker
who has notified pregnancy shall adapt the working conditions in respect of
occupational exposure so as ensure that the embryio or foetus is afforded
the same broad level of protection as required for members of the public

I would like also to recomend you to read the ICRP 60 5.3.3 The occupational
exposure of women (176 to 178) page 42
..... The principal criterion  (once pregancy has been declared) will then
be that the employment should be of a type that does not carry a significant
probability of high accidental doses and intakes. Identification of such
situations should be determined by regulatory agencies

Jose Julio Rozental
joseroze@netvision.net.il
Israel