Re: Sequoyah plant HEU fuel assembly leak

> "Educating people" seems to have failed. Any suggestions?

I disagree.  I think we have effectively conveyed our msg.  America's chief
nuclear advocate, Energy Secy Richardson, has announced that low-level
radiation is killing people thru radiation-induced cancers. The Japanese
government has paid off 6875 members of the public for injury from trivial,
almost immeasurable, radiation from "the worst nuclear disaster in Japan's
history."  The Germans and the Swedes are closing out NP because of its
harmful effects (whatever they may be).  No one is willing to say that there
is no scientific basis for such flatly political statements.  ANS won't do
it.  HPS won't do it. NEI won't do it.  I have not been able to pursuade any
nuclear leaders to do so.  People keep telling me "the public won't buy such
a statement."  Why should they?  We keep telling them the opposite.

Nobody wants to hear that statement (above) either.

Ted Rockwell