Re: Request for suggestion

> I therefore ask, what is the right way?

The only answer that is possible, is, to use any avenue at your
disposal. That includes using your logical conclusion, as well as any
other comparison possible. I'd try to open the skeptic's eyes to the
fact that I would rather live at the plant's boundary, than to drive
50 miles next to a 18 wheeler carrying chemicals. The risk there is
obvious, but another risk is one of those huge tires blowing, or
simply coming off, crushing the car and all of my inhabitants. I'd
mention that the airlines, one of the safest forms of travels, has
its own inherent risks, and when there is a single crash, there are
hundreds potentially killed.

Id mention that when there is a known and statistically valid number
of deaths from everyday life actions, and there, the individuals
accept the risk, i.e., the number of deaths from automobile
accidents. the number of deaths from smoking, the number of deaths
from hikers in areas where they are told to stay away from. Of course
in this situation, the individual accepts the risks. The contrary
argument would then be, I as a member of the general public, refuse
to accept the risk, of any degree, from nuclear. Those will be
difficult to convince. Perhaps a suggestion that they live ion the
mountains, without electricity, may be their answer. In the end,
their stated policy may bring the same result to the rest of us, when
there just isn't;t any power when the light switch is thrown.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.			E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandyfl.nukeworker.net