Re: French Radiation Protection Regulations

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erick Lindstrom <avrel@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Datum: Montag, 11. Dezember 2000 22:17
Betreff: French Radiation Protection Regulations

>Radsafers,
>
>I looking for France's equivalent to CFR Title 10 and other associated
>(radiation) regulatory literature in an effort to gain information on their
>domestic licensing issues, exempt limits, leak testing requirements and so
>forth. Some searching led me to the Office De Protection Contre Les
>Rayonnements Ionisants (OPRI) web site, but (besides being presented in the
>French language) it seemed to contain more PR information than anything
>specific regarding regulations.
>
>Can anybody out there point me in a direction where I can find this type of
>information?

France is a member of the European Union. Therefore the European Union
Directive 96/26 Euratom will have to be incorporated into national law.
Parts of the directive are directly applicable already now, but I do not
know, whether the directive has already been incorporated into national law
in France - it has not in most European countries.
That the website uses French is in my opinion well understandable and there
will be rather more people understanding French in this world than - for
instance - understanding Swedish. (Fortunately I understand both languages.)
Try other links like the French Radiation Protection Society, try
IRPA-associated societies or search for your keywords using search engines.

Franz

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schoenhofer;Franz
FN:Franz Schoenhofer
ORG:Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Department of Radiation Protection
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+43-1-71100-4458
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+43-1-495 53 08
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+43-699-116 813 19
TEL;WORK;FAX:+43-1-7122331
TEL;HOME;FAX:+43-1-495 53 08
ADR;WORK:;;Radetzkystr. 2;A-1031 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Radetzkystr. 2=0D=0AA-1031 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
ADR;HOME:;;Habicherg. 31/7;A-1160 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Habicherg. 31/7=0D=0AA-1160 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:franz.schoenhofer@chello.at
REV:20001215T220926Z
END:VCARD