Re: Dilution the Solution?

Another assumption we make in Ohio is that deep plowing buries a large fraction of the contamination below the root zone of shallow rooted crops and would allow the land to be restored to production faster.  Or politically, the forage that would end up growing on it wouldn't contaminate the wildlife as much as leaving it on the surface.  The last time we looked at this closely was about 10 years ago.  We may want to look at this again in our next review.

Zack Clayton
Ohio EPA - DERR
email:  zack.clayton@epa.state.oh.us
voice:  614-644-3066