Re: Depleted Uranium and Leukemia

In a message dated 01/05/2001 11:42:26 PM Central Standard Time,
bcradsafers@hotmail.com writes: yada, yada, yada.

We keep hearing this CRAP about depleted Uranium from Scientific Geniuses who
probably don't even know what "Depleted Uranium" is!!!!! One proof is people
who wave a Geiger counter around in the air; when DU is an alpha emitter! As
all of you know, it has roughly 7 Gammas (low energy and rarely emitted), two
major alphas of about 4 MeV energy which matter, but are easily stopped if
not ingested/inhaled, and five Betas (0.1 to 2.3 MeV). It takes 3 tons to
produce even one Curie of emission! Several reports have shown there is no
serious radiation risk (this is also self-evident), but it is quite a hazard
(nephrotoxin) as is any heavy metal (pure toxicity),like lead etc. etc. etc.
It's time we dumped these "ambulance chasers".         Ed Battle
p.s. Next time I'll tell you how I really feel about this.