Re: Mobile Chernobyl - what is this?

Ruth Weiner wrote:
>The anti-nuclear people like to refer to spent nuclear fuel that is being
>transported by rail or on trucks, in Type B casks, as"Mobile Chernobyl"
>because it is both catchy and scary.  I believe Marvin Resnikoff coined the
>phrase. I once actually heard a bureaucrat  say in a public meeting that the
>phrase was both misleading and wrong.

That was no Bureoucrat!  That was  an informed public servant doing their job to
the best of their ability and not bowing to popular pressure or lazyness.   They were
speaking to accuracy, and not pop culture.  They should get an attaboy, not be
disparaged as a "bureaucrat".

Just my opinion.

Zack Clayton
Ohio EPA - DERR