Re: Laundered PPE Acceptance Criteria

I'd add only one comment to the list relative to this question.  The
difference between the limits that are "set" and what actually remains in the
laundered PC's is entirely dependent upon the type of laundry monitor you
utilize.  I say this because the vast majority of laundry monitors in use are
gas flow proportional monitors.

With that type of laundry monitor, low energy beta emitters like Co-60
particles pass easily through at levels much higher than the "limit".  If they
are on the inside of the PC's or in the seams, activities ten to fifty times
higher than expected can pass.  Gamma scintillators should always be in series
with these beta sensitive gas flow proportional monitors.

Mike Lantz