RE: I-129 Sources

According to NCRP Report No. 58, I-129 is indeed a gamma-emitter, but the
emission is relatively weak (7.5%). Most of the useful photons are x-rays
following the prevalent internal conversion after beta-minus decay.

David L. North, Sc.M. DABR
Associate Physicist
Department of Medical Physics
Rhode Island Hospital