Depleted uranium - medical effects

Wonder if anyone in Radsafers land can point at a reference decribing
measured uranium concentrations/amounts in people who may have been exposed
to DU dust in the Kosovo area.

I hesitate to use the scenario described on one of the sites given a few
days ago - the assumptions for calculations of intake/inhalation were
probably not realistic and measured data would definitely be better. In
addition - if any uranium concentrations have been noticed in individuals -
what where these levels - and are there any references that link these data
"more causually" to any particular disease? This part is important because
there have been so many strange DU & medical effects "presentations" in our
newsmedia during the past five days.

The journalist/newsreporter I mentioned the other day - responsible for a
piece of TV news five days ago finally responded and gave me a reference to
one more person (I'll follow this thread later). The part which was
clarified was that it was a DU sample from Kosovo that had been measured
(=giving off noise) and shown on TV.

My personal reporting and ideas only,

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com