Re: BBC DU article

Amen, amen!

It's a typical journalistic spin-flip and shell-game illusion.  I'd not only
want a batch of A-10 tank killers with 20 mm DU's, I'd want the Abrams out
there with the biggest damn DU round you could stuff up it's gun.  I'd do the
stuffing too if I had to be there.  Jeez, what's the point of screwing around
with something that'll just bounce off the armor of an adversary?  Medivial
knights did this at the sacrifice of the unarmored serfs.  If we take this
stuff out of the arsenal and our guys get pasted by a T-54, should we give
these journlists the Nobel Peace Prize for making the world a safer place?
If they're really so concerned about being cause over this problem they're
trying to create here, what they should be pursuing is getting the guys who
started all this to wander around picking this stuff up.  Saddam, Milosvich,
you know, those guys that Time Magazine have admired so in the past...

I think there'd be less conflict as a function of the reduction of the number
of journalists (whatever that is) on the planet.  This would be known as the
Linear No-Journalists Threshold, whereby the incidence of planetary conflict
decreases as a function of the decrease in journalists (whatever that is).

neilkeeney@aol.com