shutting down

Greetings everyone -

I have been maintaining the machine on which RADSAFE runs for more than
a year since I left the field of radiation safety.  There have been
three offers to transfer the list to other campuses, but none were
successful.

Managing the machine on which the list runs has easily been a conflict
of commitment with my current job.  Additionally, the network
administrator who has graciously allowed me to continue to co-locate the
server in the ehs.uiuc.edu subdomain will be leaving his current
position; there is an expectation that his successor will not be so
generous.

Therefore, I will be shutting down RADSAFE and the machine on which it
is located sometime on Friday, 2 March 2001.

An offer has been made to transfer the list to eGroups.  However, the
individual who has offered to take over is concerned that although
eGroups will archive messages from the date the list is transferred,
they cannot save the old list archives.  Therefore, if a site can be
located that can host both the list as well as the old list archives, it
would be considered preferable.  A second, less attractive, alternative
would be to transfer to the list to eGroups, yet host the old list
archives at another site.  If you feel you can meet either of the above
objectives, please e-mail me at m-woo@uiuc.edu.

I wish to thank everyone for the last several years of RADSAFE.  The
list would never have continued to exist this long without you.

Melissa

--
Melissa Woo, Research Programmer <mailto:m-woo@uiuc.edu>
UIUC CCSO Workstation Services Group - Unix Support