RE: birth defects in the children of Gulf War Vets [FW] -Reply

Ruth,

I qualify as a veteran.  I even ran a tank range for night qualification.
But my only armor instruction was in general classes in ROTC [late 60s early
70] and  Chemical Officer Basic (72) and Advanced (76) courses.  I would
doubt seriously if it was used in the Korean conflict.  Possibly in Vietnam
but my recollection is that they always talked about tungsten carbide or a
tungsten alloy when discussing Armor piercing rounds.

Any opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of the Denver VA Medical Center, The Department of Veterans
Affairs, or the U.S. Government.

Peter G. Vernig
Radiation Safety Officer, VA Medical Center, 1055 Clermont St. Denver,
CO 80220, ATTN; RSO MS 115
303-399-8020 ext. 2447, peter.vernig@med.va.gov [alternate for business
- vernig.peter@forum.va.gov; private - peter_vernig@hotmail.com] Fax
303-393-5026 [8 - 4:30 MT service] Alternate Fax 303-377-5686

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is
pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is found to
be excellent or praiseworthy, let your mind dwell on these things."
Paul