Re: fluoro expos physicians? / summary

Data from 1984-88 is not representative of the data that would be
observed using today's fluro units, the number of procedures being
performed and, the quality of those procedures performed. Collar
doses, not weighted, are in the area of 500 mrem to 1.8 rem per
month. The key elements are all described in the factors I mentioned
above. This information is based on real data (current time period),
not hypothetical data, or, data from previous decades.

> "Wenzl, Thurman" wrote:
> >
> > I received 3 private responses in addition to 3 public ones (to my inquiry
> > last week). The most useful was a note that NCRP 122 quotes a survey of
> > Montreal cardio lab people wearing collar badges from '84-'88, with annual
> > means in the 2-3 rem range (Renaud 1992). This value is a bit lower than the
> > estimates of 2 posts: one suggested 1 rem/month, another 800 mr/qtr at the
> > collar. Since I'm interested in exposure to the brain, I'm focusing on
> > measurement results at the collar; I'm still hoping to see some data to
> > investigate possible trends.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.			E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandyfl.nukeworker.net