Some Generic Suggestions: ( Radiochemistry Labs)

Debby,

I am not sure what is your experience with the
environmental monitoring...
So, I thought, the following suggestions may safe
you from some problems you may face later on.

Suggestions:

1. LLD’s. Keep in mind what LLD’s you HAVE to comply
with.
Put in the contract those required LLD’s.

2. Timing. When results will be coming BACK to you,
could be an issue.
Put in a contract the time frame and also HOW
re-analysis of the samples WILL be done. You may need
to re-analized the samples.

3. Location. The lab location is not so important if
you ship samples out.
But it may safe you from some shipping inconveniences,
if you find smth close to Virginia and drive-out the
samples.

4. Is Teledyne “close to drive?”,  It is a good “brand
name” and services are "RELATIVELY" inexpesive.
It was in NJ and now it is in Tennessee: 865-690-6819

Good luck.

Emil.

you wrote:
>Based on your experience can anyone recomend a good
radioanalytical lab>that
>can analyze environmental samples - e.g. gamma spec,
gross alpha/beta,>H-3 etc.
>>D. Steva>

Access www.eml.doe.gov and follow the QAP link. You
will find useful
information about the capability and quality of
radiochemistry laboratories
participating in the Quality Assessment Program of the
Environmental
Measurements Laboratory (DOE). If you need additional
information, contact
me at rg26@prism.gatech.eduSincerely,Ramon Garcia, PhD
Environmental Resources CenterAtlanta, GAAt 02:54 PM
2/8/01 -0600,