Alpha particle hormesis

Have any Radsafers come across any articles that suggest alpha particle
exposure to the lung promotes hormesis?

I find Dr. Cohen's studies fascinating, but I can not find a biological
mechanism to explain his findings with radon.  Could it be possible that
hormesis is occurring from the extra gamma dose that parrallels the radon
levels.

Also,  I receintly read the paper by Talbot concerning cancer incidence
around TMI.   She uses noble gas estimtes to estimte relative exposure of
Iodine.   It seems to me that the iodine may behave differently in
trnasport.  Can you assume the iodine followed the same paths as the noble
gas?

Harry Hinks
harryhinks@hotmail.com