From: Cehn@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list
Sent: 2/17/01 10:18 PM
Subject: Radioactive Minerals Scare

--part1_2f.111d6757.27c095c2_boundary

Yikes!  The British court is outlawing radioactive minerals.  Hope the
courthouse isn't made of granite!   I had an experience with a show &
tell in
my daughter's school.  I had them go over their mineral collection with
a GM,
and then explained what they found.  That night, one of the mothers
called me
to ask why did I have URANIUM (ohmagod!) in the classroom.  I was able
calm her down, but the amazing thing is this woman is a PhD
epidemiologist at
the University of California.  Is there any hope at all?

In a message dated 2/16/2001 2:08:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu writes:

> Radsafe:
>
> An interesting news article and link is copied below about a major
museum
> in
> England facing what could be a sizable fine over radioactive minerals
on
> display.  This might appropriately be filed under: "Stop the world, I
want
> get off". It will be interesting to see the size of the fines imposed,
and
> learn what levels of radiation exposure and to whom, caused this to be
> violation of  Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regulations in
England.

> Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
> Consulting Scientist
> Public Health Sciences
> 172 Old Orchard Way
> Warren, VT 05674

--part1_2f.111d6757.27c095c2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT
SIZE=2>Yikes! &nbsp;The British court is outlawing radioactive minerals.
&nbsp;Hope the
<BR>courthouse isn't made of granite! &nbsp;&nbsp;I had an experience
with a show &amp; tell in
<BR>my daughter's school. &nbsp;I had them go over their mineral
collection with a GM,
<BR>and then explained what they found. &nbsp;That night, one of the
mothers called me
<BR>to ask why did I have URANIUM (ohmagod!) in the classroom. &nbsp;I
was able to
<BR>calm her down, but the amazing thing is this woman is a PhD
epidemiologist at
<BR>the University of California. &nbsp;Is there any hope at all?
<BR>
<BR>In a message dated 2/16/2001 2:08:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,