Radiation eating microbes

Hi.

I say this on slashdot, and thought you folks might be interested:

Research conducted by the US Department of Energy's (DOE) Pacific
Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is featured on the DOE's Office
of Science web site. PNNL's work with the Deinococcus radiodurans
microbe is featured on the Office of Scienceweb site in the article
Radiation Resistant 'Superbug' May Be Used in Cleanup of Radioactive
Contaminants." I've read about this before - this article does a good
job of bringing the latest advances together.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/02/20/1723218&mode=thread&commentsort=3

-wayne