LNT, SNT, or whatever

Dr. Cohen,

I was just suggesting that the reason some journals do not publish the
studies Mr. Muckerheide referred to is because they may have used summary
data.

But, getting back to your point - I would think there are better ways of
testing the LNT than using summary data.  Cellular level studies would
appear to have much more control over variables that may influence the
outcome.  I imagine there are many variables that you have little control of
when using summary data.  To control these variables, you would be dependent
on using more summary data as a means of control. Dr. Raabe previously
mentioned that you could not take into account the summary level bias.
Until you are sure you can take care of this bias, does it matter if the
model is LNT or SNT (sigmoidal)?

Harry Hinks
harryhinks@hotmail.com

	--My study was a test of the linear-no threshold theory (LNT), and
according to LNT, the average dose determines the mortality rate. There is
no need to measure radon in individual homes unless you are willing to
abandon LNT. If you will propose an alternative to LNT, I would be glad to
test whether it supports hormesis.