Re: Here we go again

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John M Priest Jr <priestj@dteenergy.com>
An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Datum: Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2001 14:20
Betreff: Here we go again

>Time to cancel my United Way Donation to the Humane Society (with
accompanying
>article). Another "panel of experts".

Regarding "Humane Society": Isn't this the well proved way of certain
groups, pretending to save the world (Greenpeace), to help the victims, to
fight "bureaucracy", to "support" citizens  and to work for a Humane Society
to raise money, which is used in a totally different way? Sorry to say, but
I stopped donations of money for whatever purpose, except for organisations,
of which I know, that they use it to help people in underdeveloped countries
to develop on a small basis infrastructure like digging wells for clean
water, help to create small business to enable independence of a village.
Surprisingly catholic help organisations use this money nowadays for these
purposes and not to build churches - as they used to do in the past, calling
this a "mission".

Am I totally wrong, if I would call the activities of an organisation, which
organizes anti-nuclear meetings - probably paying a lot for the prominent
activists to attend and to bring forward their "arguments" - rather "fund
raising" than asking for donations?

Franz

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schoenhofer;Franz
FN:Franz Schoenhofer
ORG:Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Department of Radiation Protection
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+43-1-71100-4458
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+43-1-495 53 08
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+43-699-116 813 19
TEL;WORK;FAX:+43-1-7122331
TEL;HOME;FAX:+43-1-495 53 08
ADR;WORK:;;Radetzkystr. 2;A-1031 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Radetzkystr. 2=0D=0AA-1031 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
ADR;HOME:;;Habicherg. 31/7;A-1160 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Habicherg. 31/7=0D=0AA-1160 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:franz.schoenhofer@chello.at
REV:20010222T211726Z
END:VCARD