Re: Lung cancer in perspective

Bjorn Cedervall wrote:

. . . My friend also said that the number of lung cancer deaths
in the U.S. are about the same as the number of breast, prostate, and
colorectal cancer deaths plus leukemias put together.
I couldn't get the references - we only spoke for a few minutes - but my
friend is usually accurate with facts. Any Internet based references will be
appreciated.
. . .

The following sites may be of interest.

http://www-seer.ims.nci.nih.gov/Publications/CSR1973_1996/

http://www.nci.nih.gov/atlas/

The follwing is specific for lung cancer.

http://cancernet.nci.nih.gov/wyntk_pubs/lung.htm

If you need any other information, let me know and I will try to identify
other items.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS, CHP
Medical Health Physicist