From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

[mailto:radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu]On Behalf Of JOHN JACOBUS

Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 6:25 PM

To: Multiple recipients of list

Subject: Re: Hormesis?

 Mr. Jo wrote:

. . .

Two groups of mice were irradiated to 6-8 Gy.  One group was irradiated to 1

cGy

prior to 6-8 Gy irradiation (article did not indicate lapse time in between

two

irradiations). The other group of mice did not have previous exposure. The

group

which received 1 cGy prior to higher dose had significantly higher survival

rate.

. . .

How significant was the survival rate?  For how long did they follow the

experiment?  Was the adverse affect?  Cancer?  Life shortening?

These are the questions that need to be asked.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS, CHP

Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane