Re: facility decommissioning question

Tim,

Are you asking, what paper work needs to be done to

released the site?

Or what are radiation and contamination levels for the

unconditional release?

If it is the paper work, you will have to spend some

time to study the local Regs....

If levels.

Then,

Clean it up, until you can NOT humanely, possibly

"physically", and "statistically" justifiably see any

traces of C-14, H-3.

The Laws and Regulations are always changing.

It is a good thing for the lawyers and regulators that

"regular" people can not defend them selves in the

"court of law" because there is always a some new law

we have not heard of)

No win situation.

Back to the subject:

So, If in the near future, UK may change the

regulatory requirements then your company may have to

pay for another decommissioning....

So, Clean it all!

The battle, almost positively, will be over the

MDA's....and LLD's

You got tough and "hard to detect" "suckers"....and

they live long....

So be ready and take a some "smart" book on counting

statistics, it may help.

Do not worry.

Things could be worse.

It is very good that you are coming from America.

You know English already!

Good luck, Body.

Emil.

You wrote:

Subject: facility decommissioning question

  Dear RADSAFERS:

  I was just informed that I need to travel to England

next week to look

  at a facility that no longer needs to use

radioactive materials and

  needs to be decommissioned.  I'm told that the

facility only ever used

  H-3 and C-14 (rather large amounts by the sound of

it) in the

  synthesis of radiolabeled compounds for research.

Can anyone tell me

  what kind of decommissioning criteria are required

in England?

  Thank you.

  Tim Popp

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/