Re: Uranium-Rn exposure question

- ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C0B7C9.1C765340

        charset="iso-8859-1"

- -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Brian Rees <brees@LANL.GOV>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Mittwoch, 28. März 2001 19:40

Betreff: Uranium-Rn exposure question

>I'm away from home/work (i.e. references) , and have a question I hope

>someone can answer without too much work.

>A house has an exposure rate of 25 microrem/hr from uranium content in

>concrete floors and walls,

How do you know, that the exposure rate is from the uranium content in

concrete floors and walls? It is more than unlikely that the gamma rays

could origine from uranium (234 - 234- 238??) - or in other words I hope

that it is not. What about K-40, thorium?

what is a reasonable radon concentration in the

>home?

A reasonable radon concentration in your home is the one, which you measure.

I have certain problems to understand your questions! It might be helpful to

look after the EPA websites to learn more about radon.

My personal opionion is that measuring is not better, but the only way!

Franz

- ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C0B7C9.1C765340

        name="Franz Schoenhofer.vcf"

        filename="Franz Schoenhofer.vcf"