RE: Solar activity dose to ISS astronaut

Title:

Dear Steve & Radsafers,

I forwarded your question to NASA's Larry Kellogg, who kindly provided this bit of information :

From: Larry Kellogg [mailto:lkellogg@mail.arc.nasa.gov]
Sent: Tuesday April 03, 2001 12:05 PM
To: Franta, Jaroslav
Cc: lkellogg@mail.arc.nasa.gov
Subject: Fwd: SOHO records a giant flare on the Sun

--
Larry R. Kellogg
lkellogg@mail.arc.nasa.gov

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Larry also noted that,

SpaceWeather has some more info on this flare and I forwarded you that e-mail.
http://www.spaceweather.com

Will see if I can find a live person ( http://www.google.com has been
good for cut and paste, but that is from things already posted on the
web )

The astronauts are supposed to be getting/have some dosimeters and
Ames put out awhile back how they were contributing to that effort.
Maybe I can find someone here in the know.

If you hear something before I do, please let me know.  I have a
question about the Van Allen radiation belts and this fits in.  (also
the history of Dr. Van Allen's instruments going to the moon fits
with lunar exploration even though it is Earth science - trying to
stay lunar focused - :-)

Larry

.....so if you have had some other answers on this, Steve, please forward them to us as well.

Thanks.

Jaro