Re: Despite hoopla no new US nuclear power plants soon etc.

I disagree with this.  I firmly believe that there

will be at least two operational 100 MWe PBMRs in the

USA within 6 years possibly built on former

government/industrial sites. I know that two of the

largest nuclear power plant corporations have been in

discussion with Eskom regarding this. The PBMR is much

more economical, efficient and safer than any light

water reactor or water reactor concept. The US will

set the stage for advanced high efficiency modular

nuclear power plants just as it did with the current

large base-unit light water program in the 1960s and

1970s.

Paul W. Shafer

AAPT Physics Teacher and former Nuclear Radiation

Protection Engineer-LACBWR and Pathfinder

Demonstration Atomic Power Plants.