RE: The Majority - for now

Until Homestake Gold Mine recently closed South Dakota was US largest

gold-producer. Additionally, Homestake is currently in the race for the site

of the nation's national neutrino laboratory. In addition to tourism (ie.,

Mt. Rushmore, Badlands National Park, Wind Cave National Park, etc) South

Dakota provides the nation primarily ag related products including corn,

wheat, soybeans, beef, pork, poultry, etc.

But, perhaps more germane to this list, western South Dakota harbors

extensive surface and near surface uranium deposits many of which are easily

found with a portable micro "R" meter.

 http://www.state.sd.us/

Randy Brich

Tanks Focus Area

Program Integration Manager

VM: 509-372-4617

FX: 509-372-4549

randall_f_brich@rl.gov

"Security is mostly a superstition. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long

run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at

all."  Helen Keller