Re: Activity of Zirconia Sands

There was a research paper on the activity of zircon sand published during

the late 70's or early 80's in Health Physics.  One of the authors was Gary

F. Boothe.  The paper was a result of work by the Oregon State Health

Division.

One word of caution about values for the activity level.  There are wide

variations in activity level between zircon sand from different locations.

There is some zircon sand, from some locations in Eastern Africa, which is

of much higher activity than the zircon sand commonly used as a source for

zirconium.

Joan