RE: Solar energy.... Japan launches study on space...

 Those this technology sounds interesting, there are consequences for every

action.  If the satelites were located, such that the Sun's rays which they

collected, would not otherwise reach Earth, than there would not be a

decrease in available Sunlight for Earth.  However, what would be the

potential for atmospheric heating equivalent to the impedence losses in

convetional wire transmission?  Would that increase global warming?  How

would localized weather be affected by these energy receptors on Earth?

What engineered controls would be needed for the "stray" beam effects that

could happen with a satelite mishap?

And I am sure that there are many questions that I can't think of.  Food for

thought.

Have a nice day everyone  Jim Stokes