Re: So, is reprocessing in America's future?

Raymond:

The problem with the "non-energized, hermetically

sealed jar" concept is that human beings do not live

in a non-energized, hermetically sealed jar.  In other

words, ionizing radiation, like non-ionizing radiation

is part of the human environment no matter where the

human goes.  Obviously, without visible light human

life expectancy would be severely limited and with too

much visible light (e.g. higher powered visible light

lasers or mirror focused visible light) human life

expectancy would be severely limited.  Without x-rays

for medical diagnosis or gammas and higher LET

ionizing radiation for cancer tumor therapy, some

humans' life expectancy would be severely limited.

One could go on to say "too much Pu or Pu used in the

wrong way (bombs or contamination by soluble forms of

Pu)" would severely limit human life expectancy and

"not using Pu in the proper way (oxide or carbide fuel

for power reactors) could severely limit human

existence, one way or another.  The point is the Pu is

here now...what do we do with it? ("Burn" the Pu up in

PBMRs and get rid of it and make electricity instead

of trying to stockpile it and/or bury it. Eventually

with the PBMR technology as the pilot we may master

fusion electric power).

Paul W. Shafer