Re: Senate panel cuts Yucca ...German Wind...

>I have been in early May in Southern Sweden and shortly in Copenhagen,

Denmark. I recognized that an incredible number of wind turbines had been

erected since I had been last time there - in the end of the seventies.

---

They have a psychological impact - many people think that the wind mills

generate more than they do. Some of the stacks of coal fired plants in

Denmark can also be seen from the Barseback area in Sweden. In case you

missed it - scroll down to the bottom of the following page and you will see

what happened when Barseback was shut down:

http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/Radtopics/nuclear.html

>1 000 windturbines!!! Are they beautiful? Do they really comply with the

>soft and nice landscape of Skane, the most southern province of Sweden?

---

Since I have my summer home down there( http://www.bastad.se/ ) and spent

four years of my life in the area I can say - Skane is indeed a very

beautiful area - and that's right - we don't want too much of wind mills in

that area (the winds can be pretty tough in the falls). Lots of Swedes go to

Skane to get 99 % their annual dose of UV skin dose on the beaches there -

that is the real radiation danger. Besides esthetical objections - they

would - if placed on land interfere with some of the best areas for

agriculture in Sweden - same conflict but perhaps worse with extensive

biofuel fields based on Salix sp., Phragmites communis (a large grass -

Common Reed) etc. Some of the coastal areas there are very sensitive to all

sorts of human "modern" activities - extensive wind milling along the coast

would almost certainly knock out a few of our endangered species (plants in

particular) for good. Sorry if this went too far off-topic - any responses

should perhaps mainly go to me directly.

My personal ideas only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com

PS. Lots of thanks for various responses I obtained to several previous

topics.