clearance thresholds

Hi:

I am writing a paper for a (Spanish) waste management trade magazine on the issue of radiation protection.

This is a non-peer-reviewed article, so if anybody could volunteer to review it (it is in Spanish) please let me know, I would

really appreciate...

Presently I find it difficult to locate primary sources and references for clearance limits and criteria for acceptance of incoming

materials and products.

Any expert out there could check these statements and tell me if they are true? do you have any reference to relevant laws and

regulations?

to be considered 'non radioactive'...

- underlying criteria is that no member of the public should be subject (by a product such as recycled aluminum or steel) to a dose

higher than 10 uSv in a year

- product (such as Al or steel) or raw material (scrap) should emit less then 1 uSv/h at contact

- product should contain less then 70 Bq/g activity

Thank you in advance...

Marco Caceci

LQC s.l.

www.radal.com