Re: Medical RF Imaging

Perhaps something along the lines of electrical imepdance imaging?

I see numerous papers on the subject, especially in Physics in Medicine

and Biology, and the IEEE Transactions in Nuclear Science and Medical

Imaging.  Some of the images I saw a few years back were intriguing,

but quite low resolution.

I remember a few years ago seeing a company with a laser CT designed

for breast imaging at RSNA.  They showed some interesting looking images

that might have been useful for identifying and characterizing masses,

but fairly low resolution.  Don't know what became of the company or

the technology as I haven't seen them at RSNA since.

I have a vague recollection of seeing a paper somewhere about

someone trying to do some microwave imaging through a sample.

only a vague memory of a paper i glanced at while doing literature searches

for my thesis.

I think one potential barrier is the significant amount of attenuation and

scatter

in the RF range after going through any significant thickness of tissue.

However, I am by no means an expert in the field, so this is merely conjecture

on my part.

Eugene

--

To put my contact info into your Palm device, click here:

http://signature.coola.com/?eugenem@ix.netcom.com

Personal Signature Coolet

Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR               eugenem@ix.netcom.com

Medical Physicist/Misplaced Canuck    maheug@musc.edu

Department of Radiology               "For I am a Bear of Very Little

Medical University of South Carolina   Brain, and long words Bother

Charleston, South Carolina             me."   Winnie the Pooh

http://home.netcom.com/~eugenem/

PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4

PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529                 O-