job posting

The following posted at the request of a Ms. Tracy Crawford. Please respond

to the addresses shown below.

HEALTH & SAFETY TECHNICIANS

Lawrence Berkeley National Lab has a number of excellent career

opportunities available for Senior and Principle EH&S Technicians.  Working

in either the Environmental & Radiation Protection Group, Environmental

Restoration Program or Waste Management Group, you will apply your field

environmental monitoring, radiation safety or hazardous materials handling

experience at our world-renowned research facility.  We'll rely on you to

perform and document appropriate surveys/samplings while working

collaboratively with researchers, field work crews and other personnel.

These positions are represented by a union for collective bargaining

purposes.

Individual qualifications include: experience and/or education in

environmental monitoring and sampling field operations (job number

EH/013481/WRADSAFE); completion of radiation safety or health & safety

technician training and familiarity with the use of radiation detection

equipment (job number EH/013517/ WRADSAFE); 5 years relevant experience in

operational radiation safety, preferably in a research facility (job number

EH/013499/ WRADSAFE); hazardous, radioactive and mixed waste handling

experience (job number EH/013778/ WRADSAFE); or 2+ years hazardous waste

handling and lab-packing experience (job number EH/013931/ WRADSAFE).

Please visit our website at http://cjo.lbl.gov/ for further details on all

our positions. Refer to the Environment, Health and Safety Division under

the 'Department' section. For immediate consideration, please complete our

online application at http://cjo.lbl.gov/.  Alternatively, e-mail one copy

of your resume to employment@lbl.gov (no attachments please), or mail to

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, One Cyclotron Road, MS 937-0600,

Berkeley, CA 94720, or fax to (510) 486-5870. Reference appropriate job

number in your cover letter. .  Berkeley Lab is an AA/EEO employer.