RE: radioactivity from fossil fuel power stations

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Jacobus, John (OD/ORS) wrote:

> Dr. Cohen,

> And what are the ranges associated with these death values?  Or are they

> absolute values?

	--The radiation effects are based on BEIR Reports, assuming

present populations and house construction as it affects radon entry, and

assuming that over the next million years or so, the probability of a

house being constructed at any point in U.S. is equal. As you may know, I

do not accept the linear-no threshold theory on which these estimates are

based. I also believe that cancer will become a curable disease in the

next thousand years or less. But I am playing the game that the anti-nukes

play.

	The chemical carcinogens from coal burning estimates are also

based on the linear-no threshold theory, as adopted by EPA. The air

pollution estimates are a long story.