Barnwell Allocation

I have been away from the group for the last two weeks so I apologize if this subject has been discussed.

We at Bionomics, Inc. have been getting a lot of calls from our customers concerning the letters received from Chem-Nuclear about their Barnwell allocation, questioning the required response .

After going to the web site, www.state.sc.us/energy/llrwdisposal.htm , I found that I didn't know everything I should about the site's allocation process. I assumed that the 5.0 cubic feet for small generators and generators that hadn't previously shipped to the site was automatic and that all generators that have shipped would receive a letter concerning their allocation, I was wrong about both.

Is it common knowledge to all radioactive material users that intend to use, may use the site, or are not sure if they will need to use the Barnwell site must send a letter to Chem-Nuclear reserving their spot at the site by September 1, 2001?

Are there any generators pooling their allocations as described in the last paragraph of http://www.state.sc.us/energy/PDFs/allocation6.PDF ?

 If there are generators that would be interested in pooling, we would be willing to that manage the pool. We are not just offering this out of the goodness of our hearts, it would just be easier to track a pool rather than keep up with all of the allocations individually, also it may make a little more space available for customers needing it.

We encourage all of our customers to apply for their allocation weather they believe they will need it or not, remember Envirocare can only accept Class A waste with radionuclides specifically listed in their license, and specifically prohibits sealed sources. Also there is no financial commitment required, at this time, to researve your space (that will come with the next letter in December).

We have a sample request letter available for those interested in applying for their allocation.  Again I apologize if this is old news, but if you are interest in pooling, contact me at:

Bryan Kirk
Bionomics, Inc.
Bkirk40@home.com
J_McCormick_Bionomics@MSN.COM