NORM Incident Response

My agency, which regulates radiation matters at the state level, is currently considering ways to standardize or formalize its method of responding to incidents involving NORM/TENORM.  Examples of such incidents include scrapyard/landfill portal monitor trips and mine refuse/industrial waste disposal. As a part of this process, it was suggested that we conduct a survey of other state radiation control programs to see how other states handle NORM/TENORM incident response.  If you have any information you would like to share on this topic, please contact me by posting to this mailing list or by e-mailing me directly at the address below.

Thanks

Chris Fidalgo
NC Division of Radiation Protection
e-mail: chris.fidalgo@ncmail.net