RE: Dateline NBC TMI story - 2nd point

> The question at hand, Sandy, is "Why resurrect fears that were

> exaggerated to extremes over 2 decades in the past when, as you

> mentioned, major provisions were established in the aftermath and

> maintained to the present to avoid the many problems encountered with

> the situation at TMI, including improvements to address scenarios far

> above and beyond that of TMI or even possibility!?"

Why resurrect?  How about because this is history. We do not question

a documentary that addresses war, racism, intolerance, injustice,

genocide, etc. This is all a part of our history. If we are to

condemn all documentaries that are "anti-nuclear", then we also need

to condemn all documentaries that show our worse side, where we were

not in our finest hour. However, if we do that, we are one sad

society. We all learn from history to make life better, or so we

should.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical				Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service		Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.			E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/scperle