pancake probe screening for airborne

I'm validating some of our ol' RP tech papers re: TEDE eval alpha coversion

factors, beta-gamma contamination level on a smear at which you count for

alpha, pancake probe screening of air sample cartridge and equating that to

airborne levels, etc.

There are some numbers in the papers that I can't find the source for:

     Expected DAC Fraction equation contains factors for activity

     dispersion due to type of work (grinding, light work, use of hand

     tools, etc.), activity dispersion due to type of contamination (oily,

     greasy, wet, dry and dusty).

How do you obtain your bg:a ratios?  Take a bunch of smears and count for

alpha and b/g?  Part 61 analyses?

I'd appreciate any information re: these items, such as procedures, tech

position papers, etc.  Thanks!

David Harrison, CHP

dpharrison@aep.com

DC Cook Nuclear Plant