Re: RE(2): Dateline NBC TMI story A different evaluation

Franz,

>Where is the prove? Is there really a salt industry on the Black Sea?

 No proof. Did I claim any?

 There is a salt industry on the Black Sea - the main one around.

I expect my playing experiment can be easily repeated - probably with the

very same results - by anyone interested (which I was not at the time when

I conducted it). As I said, I was just playing around with a detector. I

am only a high-tech guru designing and programming the electronics which

people use to measure stuff like that.

>... You did not determine the Cs-137 quantitatively.

No, I did not. I just had no source to make efficiency calibration for it at

the moment, nor did I want to do it.

> You had no shielding around your detector!!!!!

This fact gives significant quantitative information in the given context

to any user of spectroscopy equipment I know. Sorry you missed it.

>... Whereever you do any gamma-measurements in the field you will find

>Cs-137 in the background, whether you measure salt or anything else.

Oh the 137Cs peak was not there with the K-enriched salt, as I mentioned.

And it was there allright when I put the Bulgarian salt bag, which

comes with a 95% (my estimate) probability from the Black Sea.

>... Do you want to say, that Black Sea Salt - though

>you do not even know, whether you measured some - contains Chernobyl Cs-137?

I want to say what I already said - the Black Sea may well contain Chernobyl

137Cs. I am not interested in further accuracy or proof. If anybody is, I would

be glad to assist in any way I can.

>I really do not understand what your message is!

I hope I made it a little clearer for you now. We all go after the absolute

truth, and eventually we learn that we are unlikely to seek it. However,

we work with plenty of information of no absolute certainty - this is how

we seem to be designed and this is what we certainly have to do because

of so much knowledge we miss. Therefore, I considered it apropriate

to share this experience of mine to the list.

One thing I am sure about is that while I may have posted some off-topic

messages there are others who have posted definitely a lot more of them.

Regards,

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff

Transgalactic Instruments, Gourko Str. 25 b, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com

Email: tgi@cit.bg, tgi_earth@yahoo.com

Phone: 00359/2/9923340, 00359/2/566752, Fax: 00359/2/9540384