Re: Russian nuclear dumping

In a message dated 8/19/01 5:02:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT writes:

Up to
my knowledge similar situations occurred or occur in the USA.

The difference is that issues surrounding the Techa river and that weapons
complex are probably several orders of magnitude worse than anything that
ever occurred in the U.S.

If I recall from the HPS summer school years ago, what little exposure
records of workers showed quite a few in excess of 500 rem over a year
period...  Some may remember more about that presentation.

A lot of things were exceptable during the cold war, but it seems that there
were different standards for the U.S. and U.S.S.R.

Glen Vickers