query

  Dear Radsafers,

            Our Physics department is having a spring clean, and in a

batch of samples for disposal was a radioactive one labelled Zirconium

Fluoride glass. A gamma spec. of the sample revealed a major peak at 236

keV and minor ones at 73, 339 and 584 keV. Now someone out there may be

able to immediately identify what this sample contains, but if not, can

anyone direct me to a web site with a search engine whereby I can type in

the energies and a list of possibilities will be revealed. I have tried

Oak Ridge's list gamma emitters, but close ones turn out be short

half-life examples and the sample must be several years old. Any help

would be greatly appreciated.

  David

 * David J. Hornsey, Radiation Safety.*

 * South Building,                    *