Re: Microwave Survey Meters

Narda Safety Test Solutions is also a well-known supplier of microwave survey meters:

http://www.nardamicrowave.com/safety_test/index.html

Eric Cowdrey, M.Sc. (Physics)

Radiation Protection Officer

Department of Medical Physics

CancerCare Manitoba

675 McDermot Avenue

Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3E 0V9

Canada

Tel (204) 787-2166

Fax (204) 775-1684

mailto:Eric.Cowdrey@cancercare.mb.ca

Industrial hygiene in Manitoba: http://aiha.cancercare.mb.ca

Radiology in Manitoba: http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/medicine/radiology

>>> Rick Mannix <rcmannix@UCI.EDU> 09/04/01 03:45PM >>>

Several telecommunications companies will be installing "cell sites" on the

roofs of a couple of buildings on our campus in the near future. Both

cellular radio services antennas (800 or 900 MHz) and Personal

Communications Service (PCS) antennas (1850 - 2000 MHz) will be involved.

We are looking into purchasing a survey meter capable of obtaining electric

field, magnetic field, and power density (mW/cm2) readings near these

antennas and in surrounding areas (in the rooms below, etc.). [We expect

the readings obtained in occupied areas to be low and the related hazards

to be minimal.] This survey meter will also be useful in monitoring other

microwave operations on campus.

I know that Holaday sells equipment such as this. Does anybody know of any

other vendors for microwave survey meters?

Thanks.

Rick Mannix

Health Physicist

Laser Safety Officer