RE: Release Criteria

Several papers have been written in this area by utilities and these

positions are known by INPO and the NRC.

You essentially can't reduce your alarm setpoints to account for Fe-55.  The

Fe-55/Co-60 scaling factor at our site is approx 2.5.  There is no way you

could lower your alarm setpoints or hand frisking levels by 2.5 and operate

the plant.  The previously taken positions have shown that the Fe-55 levels

at 5 kdpm for a tool monitor or 5 kdpm/100 cm^2 for a frisker smear is not a

significant dose consequence if it were released.  This being the case, no

additional measures are required.

Glen Vickers

Braidwood Nuclear Station

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon Corporation

proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject

to copyright belonging to the Exelon Corporation family of Companies.

This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity

to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of this

e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,

copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments

to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have

received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and

permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any

printout. Thank You.