risk perception

First let me say that on my last posting I was merely passing on details

that I heard from the news media being implemented in various airports

(forbidding any carry on luggage, all must be checked).

After growing up and serving in the military I can recognize that for every

precaution you have in place, some one with enough time can, and will,

circumvent it.

>From all I have been reading, these actions that are now taking place, are

to minimize the public's perception of risk (and prepare for something more

to come).  Minimizing  perception of risk, sounds familiar.

The question being, how much money is the airlines and government willing to

spend to alleviate the public's worries?  HMMM, that sounds familiar too.  I

read that Midway Airlines, on shaky financial ground before this tragedy,

has now fired all employees, and closed up shop.  I feel the major issue in

the coming months will be how safe do you want to feel when you fly, and how

much are you willing to spend to accommodate this feeling.

Michael D. Kent