RE: Discharge of a I131 patient from the hospital

John,

The following document,  U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Guide 8.39  "Release of

Patients Administered Radioactive Materials" (Published 4/1997) gives the

criteria we use in the U.S.  It can be found at

http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/RG/08/08-039.pdf  I do not have a site for the

background document, NUREG-1492, "Regulatory Analysis on Criteria for the

Release of Patients Administered Radioactive Materials"

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane