RE: Terrorist and nuclear plants - and office buildings

>people like NCI's Leventhal, is that none of them has suggested that high-rise office

>building construction standards adopt those used for the construction of reactor

>containment domes. Now THAT would be something positive, that could actually

>save thousands of lives.

What we need is a little common sense. We can't live in a vault for the rest of our

lives. We can't protect ourselves from every threat. There rae risks in life and we

need to understand that.

If we really want to save lives, more than what any terrorist can do, we can ban:

1. automobiles

2. bathtubs

3. walking or jogging along a roadway

4. eating fats and cholesterol

5. cigarettes and all forms of tobacco

6. planes and trains

7. skiing

8. mountain climbing

9. you get the picture?

There are risks. There are many causes of death. We can't protect ourselves from all

of them. Terrorism is a way of life now, unfortunately. We can't afford the cost to

protect us from every conceivable threat. Accept it, and be vigilant. That is our best

course.

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandyfl.nukeworker.net